This Privacy statement is applicable to all data that is processed by us through the services provided by Bee Agency, registered at the Hortensiastraat 20, 1032 CJ in Amsterdam, hereafter ‘BEE’.
Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living individual. Indirect information, which combined can lead to the identification of a particular person, also constitutes personal data. BEE may process data for the benefit of her business activities, such as the production of events, audiovisual works and the development of concepts. BEE shall ensure that data that is made available to her, shall be treated as confidential and shall be protected as set out in the General Data Protection Act, hereafter the ‘GDPR’.
For persons below the age of 16, BEE will only process personal data if your parents or guardians have read this policy and given their consent. This applies only if consent is also the grounds for processing. Taking into consideration the available technology, we make reasonable endeavours to check whether your parents or guardians have indeed given their consent.
How does BEE obtain the data? This could take place through any of the following means:
- in the event a person makes the data available themselves either orally or written, for example through the BEE website, via a BEE customer or another communication platforms;
- in the course of the provision of execution of an agreement;
- by third parties known to BEE, for example an app provider or in the course of a business transaction;
- through public sources, such as public social media accounts in combination with public information of the person;
Purposes of the data processing
BEE only processes data to the extent required for the relevant purpose. Purposes may be:
- to register your cooperation to or participation in a project or event;
- to obtain your copyrights or permission for the use of a work;
- for analytical purposes, either as instructed by a BEE customer or not, for example for feedback, customer reviews, interactive games related to projects;
- for the performance of our obligations under an agreement, such as services agreements, participant agreements, release forms or the provision of other services;
- for promotional purposes for BEE and her customer;
Which data can be processed?:
- Name and address details;
- Contact details, such as (mobile) telephone number and email address;
- Payment data, such as invoice address, bank account number and possibly credit card data if necessary for payment;
- Date of birth, age and sex;
- Media (photo, video and audio fragments), interests, hobby’s;
- Detailed technical and other data regarding the use of our websites or apps, such as the type of device and device properties, browser type and language, date and time of the interaction, and IP address upon your explicit consent;
- live location through apps or websites upon your explicit consent;
- geo location data in the course of the use of the BEE website or other cookies used on the BEE website;
- other data that is provided voluntarily by you to BEE and upon consent.
We process data on the grounds provided by the GDPR: a. to the extent necessary to perform an agreement, b. your permission, c. we or a third party has a legitimate interest in that processing (in that case we always carefully consider whether that interest outweighs your privacy interest) and d. because we are required to do so by law.
Sharing of data
BEE may share your data with third parties in the event and to the extent necessary for the purpose of the data processing. BEE may share your data with a customer or supplier of services and shall, when applicable, enter into a data processing agreement with such third party to safeguard the data is protected and compliance with GDPR is ensured. In the event BEE shares data with a party outside of the EU, we will enter into an approved standard contract of the European Commission (also known as “standard contractual clauses”) with those processors.
We disclose personal information if we are required by law or by a court order, in response to a law enforcement agency, to the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide information, or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety.
If our website or organization is taken over, sold, or involved in a merger or acquisition, your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and will be passed on to the new owners.
We have concluded a data Processing Agreement with Google. Google may not use the data for any other Google services.
The inclusion of full IP addresses is blocked by us.
Retention of data
We shall retain data no longer than necessary.
We are committed to the security of personal data. We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. This ensures that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to the data is protected, and that our security measures are regularly reviewed.
Accessing and modifying your data
You have the right to inspect, rectify, erase or transmit your personal data. You also have the right to limit or to object to the processing. A request to do so, can be sent to the company email address to be found on the website.
You have the right to ask questions or to file a complaint with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (Dutch Data Protection Authority). BEE will use best efforts to respond to any question upon 4 weeks after receipt. Due to certain conditions, it may be possible BEE cannot honor a request in part or fully. For example, in the event of mandatory retention periods or applicable legal exceptions, such as the journalistic exception or freedom of expression. Please note BEE will only take requests into account from persons that concern their own data.
Version 1 September 2023